Student Dress Code
The Dress Code adopted by the Happy Valley School Board is designed to help encourage a wholesome learning environment, to provide safety, and encourage positive influences.
School uniforms have been adopted by the school board
Clothing should be clean, neat and in good repair. It must conform to the style of school uniforms. Student appearance, outer attire, and accessories must be modest and avoid creating a distraction. Clothing and accessories must be gender appropriate. Can not be baggy, saggy, excessively tight, worn, torn or frayed. These standards apply to “Free Dress Days” or special theme days, as well as uniforms.
Please keep in mind that the intent of having uniforms is to promote attire that is in harmony with what others are wearing.
Polo Shirts with Happy Valley School Logo is required.
- Red, white or navy polo’s with school emblem, ordered from 3D Promotions, is required.
- Must be modest, loose fitting, and appropriately cover midriff and chest area.
- Tops are not required to be tucked in.
- Suspenders may not be worn outside of clothing
- Belts are not required.
Uniform Pants/Shorts/Skirts/Skorts/Jumpers are required to be Navy Blue or Khaki.
- Purchased at any local department store.
- Must not be baggy, saggy, or torn.
- Shorts/Skirts/Skorts/Jumpers must be at least mid-thigh in length and have a finished hemline.
- Boxers or underclothing must not show
- Cargo pants and shorts are not permitted.
- Athletic shorts such as basketball style are not permitted.
- NO DENIM of any color.
- Red, white, black or navy shorts should be worn under jumpers/skirts.
- Leggings/tights (cannot be worn alone). If leggings/tights are worn they must be worn with a jumper/skirt and can only be red, white, navy or black (solid colors/no designs)
- Socks must be red, white, navy or black (solid colors/no designs)
- Sweatshirts worn inside of the classroom/building MUST be red, white or navy, with Happy Valley Emblem, ordered from our vendor 3D Promotions.
- Coats are not to be worn inside of the classroom/building.
- Your student’s name must be written inside each item.
- Red, white, or navy long sleeve undershirts may be worn under a polo shirt.
- Tennis shoes, rubber sole, closed toe shoes are required.
- Flip-flops, thong or CROC type shoes are not permitted.
- Shoes with wheels in the soles are strictly prohibited from being worn to school
- Sandals with back straps are permitted but not on playground equipment.
Hats and Caps
- Are not to be worn in the classroom/building.
- If hats/caps are worn to school, they are restricted to outside and must be worn with the bill facing forward over the face.
- No inappropriate symbols or language is permitted on hats/caps.
- Should be neatly groomed and clean
- Boys’ hair must be kept trimmed out of the eyes and off of their collar
- Distractive or extreme hair styles and colors (i.e. bleached, highlights, colored streaks, mohawks, spikes, etc.) are not permitted. Fauxhawks must measure 1 inch or less. Rat tails are not permitted.
- No headbands with character ears.
- No designs, words or half shaved haircuts.
- Conservative make-up may be worn by girls only.
- Must be applied before coming to school
- Make-up applied during school will be confiscated and given only to the parents.
- Strong smelling cologne/Essential Oil are not permitted.
- Since jewelry is distracting in the classroom, and poses a hazard on the playground, the school discourages the wearing of jewelry. Jewelry often gets stolen or damaged.
- Girls may wear one pair of small earrings in the earlobes.
- Boys may not wear any pierced jewelry. Chains are not permitted.
- Medical Alert bracelets are permitted.
- Happy Valley is not responsible for any lost, damaged, or stolen jewelry.
- Visible are not permitted.
- Writing on skin is not permitted.
- Are not permitted on campus nor on school buses.
- Please leave these devices at home.
- Cell phones/or other electronic devices are to remain in silent mode and will be collected by teachers at the start of the day. If a phone is NOT turned in at the start of the day, the phone will be confiscated, and a consequence assigned.
- The School is NOT responsible for lost, damaged or stolen property.
It is the Principal’s responsibility to make final decisions regarding dress School Policy. Parents agree to encourage their children to adhere to the school’s policies.
Enforcement: Students out of dress code may not attend class. Parents are responsible for ensuring that their children are properly dressed for school each day and will need to bring proper attire to school for their student if the student is out of dress code. Since no dress code can address all the changing fads in clothing and attire, the final decision regarding dress code issues rests with the administration.
One objective of wearing uniforms is to create an environment that raises student awareness that we are in a school setting which focuses on learning and academics. We believe that concentrating on developing character and positive personality traits through dress code will serve our students best.
Thank you for supporting our focus on learning and maintaining a positive, safe environment for everyone.
Uniforms tops with the Happy Valley logo must be ordered online from http://store.3dpromotions.com/hvsuniforms. Please note that delivery of uniforms is only available on certain dates, not anytime throughout the year. In addition, orders placed after the initial orders have been processed will have a price increase. Please read all of the information on the website before ordering or calling. The office will not have extra shirts to sell for those who have not ordered, you may contact Parent Team by email at [email protected] for used uniforms to purchase. The office will keep a few extras of each size on hand for emergencies, but uniform orders should include a sufficient number of shirts for students to wear until the next delivery date. Ordering and delivery information is posted on the school Blog.
The school office does not have any information about orders placed with 3D Promotions. All uniform transactions are conducted directly between parents and 3D Promotions except for delivery. All uniform orders are delivered to Happy Valley School, not to parents.
School staff cannot accept money, order uniforms, or answer specific questions about individual orders.
If you have questions about your order, you may call 3D Promotions at 623.572.7220.