The dress code is designed to help encourage a wholesome learning environment, to provide safety, and discourage negative influences.
Clothing should be clean, neat and in good repair. It must conform to the style of school uniforms. Student appearance, outer attire, and accessories must be modest and avoid creating a distraction. Clothing and accessories must be gender appropriate. Can not be baggy, saggy, excessively tight, worn, torn or frayed. These standards apply to “Free Dress Days” or special theme days, as well as uniforms.
Please keep in mind that the intent of having uniforms is to promote attire,
that is in harmony with, not different from, what others are wearing.
Polo Shirts/Polo Tops with Happy Valley School Logo are required.
- Red, white, or navy polo shirt with school emblem, ordered from 3D Promotions, is required.
- Must be modest, loose fitting, and appropriately cover midriff and chest area.
- Tops are not required to be tucked in.
- Suspenders may not be worn outside of clothing.
- Belts are not required.
Uniform Pants/Shorts/Skirts/Skorts/Jumpers are required to be Navy Blue or Khaki.
- Purchased and local department stores.
- Must NOT be baggy, saggy, or torn.
- Shorts/Skirts/Skorts must be 3” above the knee in length and have a finished.
- Boxers or underclothing must not be shown.
- Cargo pants and shorts are not permitted.
- Athletic shorts such as basketball style are not permitted.
- NO DENIM of any color.
- Red, white, black, or navy shorts are to be worn under jumpers/skirts.
- Leggings/tights/biker shorts (cannot be worn alone). If leggings/tights/biker shorts are worn they must be worn with a jumper/skirt and can only be red, white, black, or navy excepted (solid colors/no designs).
- Socks must be red, white, navy, or black (solid colors/no designs or logos).
- Sweatshirts with HVS Logo only/cardigan sweaters can be worn inside of the classroom must be red, white, or navy blue with no language, pictures or images.
- Coats are not to be worn inside of the classroom.
- Your student’s name must be written inside each item.
- Long sleeve undershirts may be worn under a polo shirt; as long as the undershirt is red, white or navy blue.
- Tennis shoes, rubber sole, closed toe shoes are required.
- Flip-flops or CROC type shoes are not permitted.
- Shoes with wheels in the soles are strictly prohibited from being worn to school.
- Sandals with back strap and boots are permitted but not on playground equipment.
Hats and Caps
- Are not to be worn in the classroom or the building.
- If hats/caps are worn to school, they are restricted to outside and must be worn with the bill facing forward over the face.
- No inappropriate symbols or language is permitted on hats/caps.
- Should be neatly groomed and clean.
- Boys’ hair must be kept trimmed out of the eyes, clean cut and above the collar.
- Distractive or extreme hair styles and colors (i.e., no extreme colors, colored streaks, mohawks, spikes, etc.) are not permitted. Fauxhawks must measure 1 inch or less. Rat tails are not permitted.
- Conservative headbands No animal ears.
- No designs or words in haircut.
- Conservative make-up may be worn by girls only.
- Must be applied before coming to school.
- Make-up applied during school will be confiscated and given only to the parents.
- Cologne/Essential Oil are not permitted and will be confiscated and given only to the parent.
- KG-5th Grade no artificial fingernails.
- Since jewelry is distracting in the classroom, and poses a hazard on the playground, the school discourages the wearing of jewelry. Jewelry often gets stolen or damaged.
- Girls may wear one pair of small earrings in the earlobes (one in each earlobe) No hoops.
- Boys may not wear any pierced jewelry. Chains are not permitted.
- Medical Alert bracelets are permitted.
- Happy Valley is not responsible for any lost, damaged, or stolen items.
- That are visible are not permitted.
- Writing on skin is not permitted.
- Are not permitted on campus nor on school buses.
- Please leave these devices at home.
- Happy Valley is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- KG – 4th Grade – Cell phones, smart watches, or other electronic devices are to remain in silent mode and in students backpack at all times. Abusing this policy will result in the confiscation of the device. Parents must come to the school to retrieve the item.
- 5th – 8th Grade – Cell phones, smart watches, or other electronic devices are to remain in silent mode and collected by the teacher at the beginning of the school day. Abusing this policy will result in the confiscation of the device. Parents must come to the school to retrieve the item. Students will serve a one day in school suspension.
It is the principal’s responsibility to make final decisions regarding dress code issues. Parents agree to encourage their children to adhere to the school’s dress code. We are not responsible for lost, damaged or stolen property.
Enforcement: Parents are responsible for ensuring that their children are properly dressed for school each day and will need to bring proper attire to school for their student if the student is out of dress code. Since no dress code can address all the changing fads in clothing and attire, the final decision regarding dress code issues rests with the administration.
One objective of wearing uniforms is to create an environment that raises student awareness that we are in a school setting which focuses on learning and academics. We believe that concentrating on developing character and positive personality traits (rather than being distracted by an emphasis on style and clothing fads at school) will serve students better in becoming more interesting and successful in the future.
Uniforms tops with the Happy Valley logo must be ordered online from http://store.3dpromotions.com/hvsuniforms. Please note that delivery of uniforms is only available on certain dates, not anytime throughout the year. In addition, orders placed after the initial orders have been processed will have a price increase. Please read all of the information on the website before ordering or calling. The office will not have extra shirts to sell for those who have not ordered, you may contact Parent Team by email at [email protected] for used uniforms to purchase. The office will keep a few extras of each size on hand for emergencies, but uniform orders should include a sufficient number of shirts for students to wear until the next delivery date. Ordering and delivery information is posted on the school Blog.
The school office does not have any information about orders placed with 3D Promotions. All uniform transactions are conducted directly between parents and 3D Promotions except for delivery. All uniform orders are delivered to Happy Valley School, not to parents.
School staff cannot accept money, order uniforms, or answer specific questions about individual orders.
If you have questions about your order, you may call 3D Promotions at 623.572.7220.